Happy FriYAY! It has been busy around here! I have been attending the New School in NYC, attempting to finish my second degree. I am taking entrepreneurship classes and have been developing an interest in Food Studies. I fly back to the city once a semester for a weekend class and then complete the rest online. It has been quite the ride. On a side note, I wanted to let you all know that I will be rebranding and slowly redesigning Mom. Fashion. Lifestyle. If you have been reading for a while you will know that what started as a “Mom” fashion blog, has slowly progressed into a healthy eating and balanced living blog. The new name of the site will be Lettuce Eat Cake, where healthy meets happy. Life is all about balance, and eating that slice of cake! You only get one chance at life, so don’t waste it! I will post more in the future, and look forward to all of your recipe requests!
Now back to this drink…. Just make it, you will NOT regret it!
Coffee and Chocolate Lovers unite! Prepare yourself for seriously the best drink EVER!! And it is healthy, filling, and full of protein!
- 2 Cups Raw Unsalted Cashew
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder (make sure Vegan)
- 3 Cups of Coffee
- Water to fill your blender
- Soak the cashews and dates in a glass bowl for 1-2 hours depending on your time line. If you have a Vitamix you do not have to soak for as long, helps soften.
- Once they are soaked, drain liquid and place in blender. My Vitamin is a 64 ounce canister. Add 3 Cups of Coffee and blend until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients. Fill up the rest of your blender with water. Blend for 5 minutes or until smooth. Pour in four standard mason jars. For best results, refrigerate before drinking. Enjoy!