Peanut butter is one of those things that is good with just about anything…. you can dip fruit in it, put it on veggies, use it in cookies, put it on dessert, eat it plain… the list goes on and on.
I love peanut butter and I love pie.
Do you love pie?
How about pie loaded with peanut butter and topped with chocolate?
I thought so.
What is even better is that it can be made ahead of time and tossed in the freezer, AND it is Vegan and Gluten Free!
- 15 Medjool Dates pitted and soaked roughly 1½ cups
- 1½ cups Pecans
- ½ unsweetened Coconut
- 2½ cups Raw Unsalted Cashews soaked
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Maple Syrup for peanut butter layer
- ½ cup Maple Syrup for chocolate layer
- ¾ cup coconut cream from can for peanut butter layer
- ½ cup coconut cream from can for chocolate layer
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- For Crust place pecans, pre-soaked dates, and coconut (they should have been soaked for about an hour to help blend) into food processor or Vitamix, Pulse until crumbly. Grease a round spring form cake pan, pat mixture into pan and spread with spatula in an even layer.
- For Peanut Butter Filling blend cashews, ½ cup maple syrup, peanut butter, and ¾ cup of coconut cream in blender. Blend until smooth. For the coconut cream I use a can of full fat coconut milk and scoop off the cream from the top of the can. Spread peanut butter filling in an even layer on top of crust.
- For Chocolate Layer mix ½ cup maple syrup, ½ coconut cream or milk, and ½ cup cocoa powder. Stir until smooth. Pour in an even coating on top of peanut butter layer. Place finished pie in freezer for 3 hours or over night. Can be eaten sooner, however it will be a softer texture.