Are you drooling yet???
Before I get to the recipe, I guess I need to catch you guys up. This past month we moved from the beautiful island of Kauai, to Los Gatos, California.
Why, do you ask? Because I am going to attend The International Culinary Center’s Professional Culinary Arts program. I have wanted to go to culinary school since I was a child. However when I was 16 and ready to apply to college (I started young), I was discouraged for two reasons. The first being the fact that I was a young girl, and the second being the competitiveness of the industry. Those two combined with it being almost twenty years ago, (before food became trendy, and reality tv exploded), were enough to discourage me so I went to a traditional four year university and pursued Visual Design instead.
I am very excited to begin this new path. Over the past five years I have encountered many obstacles including gastrointestinal health problems. This has led me more into the direction of healthy allergen friendly cooking. I like to think I have a very good understanding of cooking for health because of my own ailments. So rather than going to a school like the Natural Gourmet Institute, I opted for a more traditional culinary program to give me a strong foundation. I plan to utilize this education to create and share traditional recipes that are also allergen friendly.
I begin the program in exactly 12 days! I cannot believe it. I know it is going to be very intense, I am quite nervous. But I plan to share in detail what I learn each week. I hope you will follow along as I share my journey with you!
- ¾ C. Peanut Butter (sub out Sun Butter for Nut Free option)
- ½ C. Sugar
- ¼ C. Coconut Oil
- 1 t. Vanilla
- ½ C. Gluten Free Flour (I used Pamelas)
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 T Ground Flax to 4 T water mixed)
- ½ t. Baking Soda
- ½ t. Baking Powder
- ½ t. Salt
- ½ C. Vegan Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life is a great option)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place Peanut Butter, Sugar, Coconut Oil, and Vanilla in a medium mixing bowl, stir until combined.
- Stir in flax eggs.
- Add Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt, stirring as you go.
- Gradually mix in Flour.
- Once combined, stir in Chocolate Chips last.
- Spoon onto greased baking sheet or use parchment or silpat mat.
- Bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes until golden.
- Let cool. Enjoy!