How have you guys been doing?
It has been a long while!
I have been busy altering traditional french recipes, and making them gluten free and vegan! The first recipe I am working on is laminated dough (AKA puff pastry used for croissants). Until then, have a look at this easy no knead, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread. You will not believe it’s vegan and gluten free! Toast it up and slather it in vegan butter….ahhhhh I devoured the whole loaf by myself in three days. Let me know if you make it! I love to hear what you guys make! Follow me on Instagram and tag your photos #lettuceeatcake Enjoy!
- ½ C. Sugar
- ¼ C. Soy Free Earth Balance Vegan Butter room temperature
- ¾ C. Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 t. Xanthum Gum
- 1½ t. Baking Powder
- ½ t. Baking Soda
- 1 t. Salt
- 1 T. Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (I make my own here) see notes
- 2 T. Cinnamon
- ¼ C. Sugar
- ½ C. Raisins
- Make flax eggs place in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease loaf pan.
- Make Swirl Filling in small bowl set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, mix in coconut yogurt.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients to wet.
- Spread half and the batter into prepared bread pan.
- Spread half of the cinnamon, sugar raisin mixture on top do not stir.
- Spread the remaining half of batter on top.
- Top with remaining cinnamon, sugar raisin mixture.
- Wet a butter knife insert into the top of the uncooked loaf, and gently swirl. See photo below.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then rotate pan and bake another 20 minutes, until top is golden and knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool 15 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in fridge or freezer for optimum freshness if not consumed within 3 days.
- Try not to eat it all in one day, I double dog dare ya!
For flax eggs mix 1 T. ground flax to 3 T. water stir and place in fridge for a few minutes until they swell a bit.